Client account set up and reconciliation
For account balancing and completion payments we charge a fee of £35.00 (plus VAT).
We will not make a payment to anyone else.
Transfers of ownership including assent of the property by personal representative*
We charge £300.00 plus VAT in cases where a transfer of property ownership is required.
*This does not include fees associated with applying for grant of representation
We charge £250.00 plus VAT in cases where first registration of the property is required.
We charge £35.00 plus VAT if we are required to write to any other occupier at the property.
We reserve the right to charge additional fees as stated below, plus VAT, for dealing with any of the following:
• £100.00 for Leasehold properties.
• £100.00 per additional charge(s).
• £100.00 for removal of historic charges.
• £150.00 for issues relating to the removal of cautions, restrictions, notices and similar interests registered against your property title.
• £150.00 where this is a shortfall of over £2,000.00 between the amount being borrowed and any amount outstanding under a present mortgage secured against your property.
• £150.00 for cases where solar panels are present at the property.
• £100.00 for repeat appointments, when required due to changes by client only.
• £100.00 for dealing with a Power of Attorney.
• £100.00 for dealing with Buy to Let property.
• £50.00 for amendments to property title.
• £50.00 for removal of a deceased owner from co-owned property.
Additional Charges on a case by case basis
We reserve the right to charge additional fees where there are occurrences of the below. These are charged on a case by case basis and you will be informed in writing of these before any work is carried out:
• Matrimonial affairs where we are required to correspond with solicitors or other representatives or associated parties in relation to previous or ongoing matrimonial proceedings which affect your property ownership.
• Deed of Variation.
• Lease extensions.
• Freehold purchases.
• Adverse possession applications.
• Transfer of part of title.
We may also have to pay out for some or all of the following expenses (we call them disbursements) on your behalf:-
Official copy of the registered title & plan £ 3.00 plus VAT per document
Official copy documents as referred to in the title £ 3.00 plus VAT per document
It may be the case that an issue arises relating to a defect in the legal title or you may be unable to provide relevant documentation such as planning permission or building regulation approval for works undertaken at the property. In this case you may be asked to provide indemnity insurance for the benefit of the lender. This will be a one-off payment payable on completion. We shall advise you if this is relevant during your transaction together with any costs.
We charge a fee of £25.00 administration fee for this service.